Friday 7 October 2011

My betta's dorsal fin just rotted away. Have tried miracle cure, bettafix, not helping. What can I do?

I kept it in a five gallon tank but had to move it to a smaller isolation one because of its condition. I also had to move it and make frequent water changes because I started to find mosquito larvae swimming around in the tank and a bulb I purchased almost a year ago finally yielded plenty of leaves and roots, but that might have affected my fish which had been fine up to then. It went from black to a pale salmon or gray. It also had cloudy eye. I don't know what else to do. Sometimes it goes back to the original black color but then it turns pale again. Today I tried something for fungus which turned the water green. Ideas anyone?My betta's dorsal fin just rotted away. Have tried miracle cure, bettafix, not helping. What can I do?Surgery? It's just a fish. It's cheaper to replace it.
My betta's dorsal fin just rotted away. Have tried miracle cure, bettafix, not helping. What can I do?
hmmm idk wat to do, my betta a while back pretty much got paled eyed and fins were dissolving away and he died, thats why i hate betas, there not good with other fish and they rot away after like a year
My betta's dorsal fin just rotted away. Have tried miracle cure, bettafix, not helping. What can I do?
If you mean his long flowing tail they have,then i think i can help. My betta and my bros betta do the same thing. It's very common. It's called tail rot. The first thing you need to do is clean the bowl more often. This happens a lot when you don't clean your bowl or tank enough. It's okay to keep them in a tank, but you have to be diligent with maintaining the pH %26amp; ammonia levels, or your fish will sicken %26amp; die. The tank appears to be clean because of the filter and fools you into thinking you don't have to maintain it as often. To get your Betta's tail to grow back you need to buy something that treats tail rot. There are several on the market, one is called %26quot;Quick Cure%26quot; and the other is called %26quot;Fungus Clear%26quot; by Jungle. Either can be bought at Walmart in the pet section. While treating your fish, it would be easier to put him in a bowl (but be careful to not cause shock), because you will need to treat, then wait 2-3 days, clean the bowl, retreat, clean after 2-3 days %26amp; so on, until you see new tissue starting to grow. It looks kind of transparent at the end of the tail, and then colors in later. After that, make sure you clean your Betta's bowl at least weekly or if you keep him in a tank, check the pH and ammonia levels regularly. There are a ton of websites that can teach you how to maintain a healthy aquarium. I hope I helped and I hope your Betta will be okay!