Sunday 5 June 2011

Can plants grow from the light provided from compact florescent light bulbs?

Hi, I have a miniature rose bush that I keep indoors year round. The roses are normally a coral color. Recently I changed all of my light bulbs to the compact florescent light bulbs and one of my rose plants (that is kept next to my lamp) has bloomed a pale pink flower and the new green foliage is lighter than the older foliage. I am curious to know whats going on and If it is the light bulbs creating the changes in color. The plant seems to be doing better then it ever has.|||Some company is making compact fluorescent bulbs with different light spectrums (measured in 1000s of Kelvins). Some of these are made to mimic the sun and should be marketed as %26quot;grow%26quot; lights or something similar.





I just saw them the other day at Walgreens, of all places, right next to the cheap GE and Fiat brand compact fluor. bulbs.





.|||Some people say yes and some say no. I guess only time will tell.|||Unfortunatelly compact fluorecent lamp producers don%26#039;t measure the PAR (photosynthetic active radiation level of the products. But you can find some data here:


http://article.discusnews.com/cat-04/lig鈥?/a>