Sunday 5 June 2011

I want to change the color of my 01 Mustang gauges, I need to know how?

I want the inside of my mustang to be blue, but all the factory lights are green. I asked my dad if I could just take the gauge pod out and change the bulbs to blue and he said he didn%26#039;t know and I%26#039;m not going through the trouble of taking it out to find out =). So if anyone knows, or knows a way to find out (without taking the whole thing out), please share this informatoin with me!|||On those, the green color is not from the bulb, but rather from the green %26#039;gel%26#039; or transparent plastic. Go to a theater light supply store and buy some blue gel and replace the green ones. Yes you do have to remove the cluster to do this.|||If its LED Then get Blue LED Bulbs


If its Electronic Gel get Blue Electronic Gel|||One..it%26#039;s regular incandesent bulbs no leds.... and they are clear





Two, the poster is right on the color being part of the overlay but you can%26#039;t just %26quot;add%26quot; colored paper back there.... actually it%26#039;s very hard to get back there... changing the bulb color might cahnge the hue a little to a blue green tint perhaps.





But it requires removal of the instrument cluster, and it%26#039;s not a first time DIY job.... as if you mess it up, you get to tow the car to the dealer... that%26#039;s right TOW... the cluster is needed to start the car, no way around it.





There are overlays you can buy for this car online (like at Crutchfield.com), but I recommend taking it somewhere to get it done... as you have to remove and reinstall the needles... mess up and you can bring it back to the dealer for a new cluster (at $350 parts + about $150 labor)|||You may be able to change the bulbs, if they green. Sometimes they are clear/white and the panel itself has the color. Check with some Custom Car Supplies on the Inet and see what they have. I not done this in a log time, but, some of the stuff is %26quot;Cherry%26quot; and not too expensive. I will look around. In the mean time work on the %26quot;Puppy Dog Eyes%26quot;, they will come in handy when you ask dad; %26quot;Hey, can I have $300 to fix my gauges%26quot;?|||give the 10 points to jody...|||yes the bulbs are changeable, a Chilton%26#039;s manual, or a motors manual takes you step by step. the factory uses green because its a bright clean color , easy to see at night, the blue will make your instrument panel look dim, harder to see. the red looks really cool in the 2001, but the bulb needs to be true red not coated or painted...