Sunday 5 June 2011

Growing up back in the 1940,s I seen many home enema bags,and the bulb syringes in homes of friends etc?

Did the colour red mean something? it wasn,t until many years later the colour changed..my moms enema bag and bulb syringe


she used on me was totally red! Anyone know why just red back in those days?|||Back then there wasn%26#039;t the technology there is today to make them different colors. Red was the natural color and that is the way they were made, even the hose was red back then and I believe the nozzles were black.





Then hoses and nozzles were changed to white when other materials and colors became available. I even have a white bag at home, but red is still the most common color, I don%26#039;t know whether it is because of the materials or just good old sentimental value.





Good luck.|||It was just the colour of the rubber they used to make things. No specific meaning. Why are tires always black?|||Doesn%26#039;t matter the color. Mine were red, too, in the 60%26#039;s.|||I assume different manufacturers used different colors.|||it makes me think of the red cross, first aid kits, sharps disposal containers, Like hazardous waste disposal bags, I believe it is an OSHA law.


Maybe the color is a signal to tell you not to put it in your mouth. : )|||this is funny.


all the old women thru the 70%26#039;s had them bags hanging everywhere. douch, waterbottle, enema etc.


they all kind of disappeared since 1980 or so.|||Natural rubber was red and medical items like that were left natural. Plus it helped keep it separate from your blue toothbrush.|||Are you planning to open an enema and douche bag boutique emphasizing %26quot;cool, mod and sensitive%26quot; colors?