Sunday 5 June 2011

What is the bulb number in my instrument panel on my 1999 Lincoln Town Car?

I want to change the bulbs to leds on my instument panel to a different color but I dont know the bulb number and I dont want to open it up till I get the bulbs.|||The bulbs are #194 Wedge Base, 3.78-Watt bulbs (the sockets are part of the instrument panel, and the bulbs just push into the socket).





They do make LED Wedge Base replacements, available from many after-market manufacturers that will 100% fit/replace the factory bulbs. You can get them in a wide variety of colors and brightness. They run anywhere from $6 - $12 each, depending on color, intensity, and manufacturer.





You will also need anywhere from 8-20 bulbs to fully replace all lamps on the instrument panel (I can%26#039;t remember how many are needed on the 1998-2002 panel, but your repair manual or local dealer can tell you).





The main thing to remember is that LED bulbs operate on a specific voltage and do not %26quot;dim%26quot; like standard OEM incandescent bulbs. Operate the dimmer switch %26quot;higher%26quot; until you have applied enough voltage to the lights, and the LED%26#039;s will energize (turn on). Moving the dimmer switch higher will not result in a brighter light. You will most likely have to leave the dimmer switch in the %26quot;full-on%26quot; position to ensure proper operation and life of the LED.|||LED lights are usally sauderd in so i don%26#039;t think that will happen. Have you pulled the dash yet, check it out it%26#039;s a long job to tackle.