Saturday 24 September 2011

Adding a lighting system to my comp?

It is not a very big question, but I just got a new computer and i would like to add a few neon lights to its chassis, but I also want to be able to change its color through software (yes, the light would be multicolor). Almost like the AlienFX thing for Alienware computers. It doesn't need to be neon, also, but if it is going to be regular bulb lights, they must be good quality and long lasting. Preferably, I would like the whole system to be internally powered, and can just plug into some port in my computer. USB would be fine. I would like to put the lights right on my chassis outline, so just along the edges, up, down, and across. Like I said, I would like this to be a Software to Hardware connection. Where can I purchase this kind of thing or learn to make it?Adding a lighting system to my comp?Err to be honest, unless you get very good neons i wouldn't bother with them because there have been some cases where the neons have blown when inside the case and the people had to rebuy the computer as it blew the immediate hardware to where the neons were.

I know it doesn't happen often, but better to be safe than sorry, so get decent neons. Not the cheapest you can find.
  • head lice at the barber
  • java
  •