Friday 16 September 2011

How can I fix dashboard lights that keep going out?

I bought a 2002 Honda Civic EX coupe from a used car dealer, and the dashboards lights went out the first day. Sometimes they go back on, then they go out again. (The red hands are lit but the %26quot;circles%26quot; behind them are pitch-black.)



He has tried to fix it, but he told me the mechanic discovered there was an aftermarket device of some kind that changes the color of the light. He said the cool blue-green color I had liked so much is a result of this device and the light is normally white. He thinks the device is cheap and is causing the problem.



After he replaced the bulb, the lights worked until I got home. The next day, they flickered out. I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow but I'm not optimistic that the problem will be fixed permanently.



What can be done?How can I fix dashboard lights that keep going out?You or a mechanic will have to find a loose connection somewhere between the fuse terminal board and the lights. Since ALL the lights are going out, I would zero in on the wiring and/or the light switch that turns them on.



The best bet on loose connections is to turn the lights on, when it is dark, and begin to wiggle wires. IF you make them flicker, go on or off, you are close to the problem. Don't forget to wiggle the fuse and wiring around the fuse panel also. Good luck. Pops
How can I fix dashboard lights that keep going out?
i own a repair shop,and id have it changed back to stock ,if that's what causing the problem with it id have it took of of it but your right it probably wont cure the problem for good on it,and its just going to keep doing the same thing over,and over again,so id tell them to return it back to stock,,i have to agree with him,i think that's whats causing the problem too,good luck,i hope this help,s.