Wednesday 21 September 2011

If I carry on like this would I have an OCD, what do I do?

Well about 6 years ago, my school took all our class to a trip which was over a few days because we was leaving that school and going to an older school.

The rooms had like 5 beds in and they all had night lights next to them which the front cover came off , so because there were 6 girls there were 3 of us in 2 rooms.



Then on the last night me and this girl from the other room was sat in my bed at about 3am and we both got a mood bracelet from the shop, and we was both playing with them (as you do when your like 11/12), so I was thinking to myself does this bracelet actually know what your mood is or is it changing because of your temperature...

So me and my friend decided to put it near the light on the night light whilst it was on, but it didn't change colour. So then I had a stupid idea that didn't seem so stupid at the time, so I decided to put it inside of the night light (which meant take off the guard to it) and it did change colour, so I though well if it was around the light bulb would that make it change colour, so me and my friend did that. As I was putting it around the light bulb I got a shock, and then the light went out and it started to spark! So my friend jumped off the bed and turned the light on, so me being stupid though well if there was no electricity goin to the light, it would stop sparking right? But how wrong was I! I put the cover around my hand (so I didn't get a shock again) and I switched the switch to the light, and the sparking stopped then like a fire ball shot out of the switch hole and set fire to my bed!

So me and my friend woke everybody up in the room, and went to the other room where my twin sister was sleeping and we woke them up, then because my friend was too scared to be told off she pretended she was asleep.

So I went into the kitchen part where all the teachers were still awake talking, so I went in crying my eyes out, was shaking, couldn't talk good, and I told them my bed was on fire, so they told me to go outside and do what we all practised when there was a fire drill so I ran outside, and stood in the middle of the carpark on my own until the fire alarm went off and everybody came out.

My headteacher was calling me a liar about what happend, and yes I admit I lied, I said I was putting the cover back on and I was holding the bracelet and I got a shock and let go and it went around the light bulb, haha I know its a lame lie but I was 11, scared, and was crapping it that my dad would find out and shout at me.



So its now been nearly 6 years since then. I never did science experiments that involved fire, or chemicals because I was scared ild do something to cause a fire. Im scared of candles, and when my mum lights one I sit looking at it so it doesn't set on fire, at night I turn off all the plugs in my room, and go around the house closing all the doors and turning lights off. When I have my lamp on because its near my window I keep making sure nothing it covering it so it doesn't set on fire, I jump everytime I hear a noise, when I am using my laptop I have to check where the box on it is which means making sure its not under or ontop of anything, I always have to know nothing is touching the wires for my tv, I cant leave my laptop running over night because I am scared it will set on fire and if I know a plug is turned on I cant sleep.



What is wrong with me?

And how can I stop being so scared because of something that happend nearly 6 years ago!

And if I didn't stop being scared would it turn into an OCD?If I carry on like this would I have an OCD, what do I do?It's PTSD - post traumatic stress disorder. I have it too from a past house fire.
If I carry on like this would I have an OCD, what do I do?
In my opinion, I don't think this means that you are OCD. It sounds more like it could just be like post traumatic stress syndrome. Its perfectly understandable for you to be afraid of fire when you have already experienced it. I think you just have anxiety about it and if its really that bad, you may need to seek the help of a professional counselor or therapits to help you work through it. I doubt it is OCD. Hope this helps.
  • odp.net charakterset
  • pc or mac
  •