Saturday 24 September 2011

What makes the dash lights green?

I have a 95 honda accord and the ac/heater dash controls have gone out. I want to change the dash color to blue but i dont know exactly how the green color is made. I can add blue slip covers to the bulbs but that won't work if the plastic covers are another color. I'm guessing that the stock bulbs are yellow halogen. Please helpWhat makes the dash lights green?I think you will find they are little blue plastic domes that are integrated into the speedometer cluster. Normally, #197 bulbs are used. If you want to change the color, you might look into installing LED's inside the instrument cluster. I just noticed you are asking about the HVAC control unit. It is likely the same thing, but can also be integrated into the outer placard. In that case, you would need to replace the placard, but I don't know if you can get anything different than the Honda part.
What makes the dash lights green?
The green bulbs are either stained green or have little green covers on them, the first being way more popular. You can get orange bulbs as well, but that's all I've ever seen. To be sure pop one of the bulbs out and take it to a parts store and see what they have.
What makes the dash lights green?
The background on the instrument cluster is black and on some vehicles where the light would shine through there is plastic that is a clear green that makes it appear green.
that,s the color of the lens on the dash. the bulbs are clear but the lens is a different color.