Saturday 24 September 2011

Changing 2009 Chevy Avalanche headlamps to HID Xenon Bulbs... How do I change them?

Hey,



I had a turning signal die within a week of the purchase date. I brought it back and they had to remove the entire plastic cover of the headlamps to change it (scraping the bottom of the plastic cover and my truck.. but thats beside the point)



Now I am interested in getting a HID Xenon conversion kit..

first off... any recommendations? im looking for white, not any colors (blue, purple, etc).

Secondly.. How do I change it?



Do I have to pry off the cover like they did?



I looked through the manual and it just explains the taillights,

and I have changed many a car's headlamps, but this one is different.



Thanks a ton!Changing 2009 Chevy Avalanche headlamps to HID Xenon Bulbs... How do I change them?You should not need to take off the entire cover. Take a look at the back of the headlight. I assume you are referring to the low beam, since the high beams are not fitted with HID. There should be a casing at the back. Take it off and you should have access to the plug that is connected directly to the bulb. Remove any obstructions such as the airbox or the battery to gain easy access to the back of the headlight. It's very simple. If you cannot reach the bulb at the back of the heaadlight, then you may have to remove the whole headlight from the car. If that's the case, you would need to take the front bumper bar off. It would be more complex.



Check out the blog http://www.hidledlights.info for more info on HID and LED lights.