Friday 16 September 2011

*****Prologue and First Chapter of My Book, What Do You Think?

Its About My new novel Ele-Mental.My book is about a kid Who finds out he has Element Powers.He is mental.Crazy.He also has moodswings.When he gets mad he controls fire.when he gets scared he controls water.and so on. Its A book about a superhero with a not so super role. Anything I Should Include? Take Out? etc.?



-Prologue:Mental Fate



The amusement park was deserted. The park rides were shut down because it was barely dawn. No other living or breathing thing to be seen, not counting the bugs surrounding me and the dark shadow just dazed in a trance It was bearing the only reason I have to protect this world in its hands. The only reason I was living in it. The only reason that gave me power to ever control what was constructing inside me. It was caressing it like if it was his own. I felt my fists tighten, disgusted because he was holding it. I should have known it would come after my family. I thought I was always one step ahead of it but I was wrong.

Standing at the top of the Ferris wheel I gazed at the dark figure ten feet ahead of me. Two Ferris wheel carts in-between us. Smirking his pointy teeth, because he knew I didn’t have any other choice, as if he had planned for this all along. None of us moving. One sudden movement would give me a chance to attack. Emotions inside me were getting out of control. I can see the different colors surrounding my body. Shifting from red, to blue, to green and so on like a color changing human light bulb.

The thing then looked up at me. It glared at me with dark eyes like a snake ready to attack a mongoose. It clasped the leg of what it was holding with his right hand and extended it to act like if he was going to drop it atop from the Ferris wheel.

“I have been waiting for this all my life” it snarled, “come and get him.” And to the extent of my imagination he let it go. Fury and anger swept through me. I saw the fire environed around my whole body as if I was caught on fire. In an instant I soared down to save my baby brother, knowing it would come after me. I was reaching out to grab him. I looked back and stared at the dark shadow that was turning into an immense monstrosity of insects.



Chapter 1



-Hero?

I really don’t consider myself a hero. A hero is someone who can show courage when faced with a problem. A hero is a person who is able to help another in various ways. A hero saves peoples lives and risks his own to do so. If many lives are in danger, he or she finds ways to save everyone, not just his or a couple. A hero is someone who does what he is afraid to do, have a mind of such a balance that no disturbances can shake his will. Someone who is a hero is temperate, hospitable, generous, and dauntless. A hero is someone who sacrifices his own life, not expecting any rewards. I am none of these things.

I don’t want to ruin your thoughts of the superheroes you watched or read when you were a kid. So don’t say I didn’t warn you. This is a tragic book, so read at your own risk. If you do decide to turn the page, think if I’m a hero or not, because I still don’t know.

The moment I get mad, scared, excited or sad it occurs. You would expect being calm wouldn’t trigger this but it still does. I have a very hard time trying to control my emotions. They are synched to this type of power I couldn’t control a while back. My mom told me when I was born that I was diagnosed with a certain disorder. To make it sound simple I change from one mood to another. One moment I’m mad and in an instant I turn into the happiest person in the world. That’s not the worst part of it all, not even close.*****Prologue and First Chapter of My Book, What Do You Think?i really like how deep this is with all the description. its great. deffintily want to read the rest!



you should check out wordpress.com to post it in a blog.

if you have a chance read some of my short writings.

http://daniellelp.wordpress.com/



beautiful writing!
*****Prologue and First Chapter of My Book, What Do You Think?
This is incredible, I don't really know what to say. Do you reveal who - or what- the creature is? I can't really understand that.



I think this is very well written and the prologue really grabs my attention. I'm not very good at criticising other people's work - sorry.



X